Am I entitled to a defense?
Yes, you are constitutionally entitled to a defense regardless of guilt or innocence. While you may represent yourself, it is generally not a good idea to do so. Seek advice and help from an experienced criminal defense lawyer.
Do I need a lawyer for an arraignment?
A lawyer is not necessary for an arraignment hearing; however, there are certain actions that the judge will take where having a lawyer may be valuable for you. During this hearing, certain pre-trial motions can be filed and the judge usually sets bail. Having a lawyer can help you try to decrease the amount of bail.
I’ve just been involved in an accident, what should and shouldn’t I do?
- Be civil with all parties involved.
- Record and remember as much as you can about the incident, the injuries you sustained and other losses you’ve suffered as a result.
- To aid in proving your case, write down the names of any witnesses that were at the scene or that arrived shortly thereafter.
- Preserve and collect physical evidence through photographs when possible.
- Seek medical treatment for recovery, but also to document injury.
- Contact an experienced lawyer as well as your insurance carrier as soon as possible to protect evidence, ensure witnesses are contacted and help you better recollect memories.
Call Us Today At ♦ (502) 448-8485